6133 - North Shore - 68348 Highway 190 Service Road, Covington, Louisiana, 70433
CarMax, the way your career should be! About this job
As a Customer Specialist, you will be empowered to provide an iconic experience for our Customers by acting as a guide and offering support during every step of their CarMax journey, reinforcing our simple and seamless process. While communicating and partnering effectively with teams across the organization, you will work to ensure each customer has a positive experience buying and selling cars. We've become the nation's largest retailer of used cars due to our honesty and transparency, and those same values will help you succeed, too.What you will do - Essential Responsibilities
Purpose of the role
- Provide exceptional customer service by guiding customers every step of the way, from sale or facilitating the appraisal to test drives and arranging financing applications
- Conduct vehicle condition assessments by collecting, recording, and communicating information to Buyers that will be used to perform customer appraisals
- Check in and receive vehicles that are shipped to CarMax; complete the daily scanning and reconciliation of vehicle inventory
- Perform cosmetic inspections and ensure that all vehicles meet CarMax Quality Standards
- Perform various administrative duties, including, but not limited to: printing daily reports, maintaining transaction paperwork, contacting finance companies regarding Customer contracts, obtaining requirement information regarding registration and/or titling, auditing completed paperwork, cash/payment management
- Create service appointments and review repair order invoices for retail service work performed; ensure accuracy of documentation for billing
This is a high-energy retail sales environment where you will work as a team to meet goals and handle a wide range of customer interactions. To make sure everything goes smoothly, the ability to quickly build rapport with people and understand their needs is essential. You will manage a variety of diverse tasks, with limited supervision, including vehicle sales, processing of sales paperwork, assessing vehicle condition for use in appraisals, and even managing repair orders. We work and learn as a team and the prospects are bright for professionals who aspire to become mentors, managers and business leaders.Qualifications and Requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Demonstrate exceptional communication skills
- Display confidence in self, the product and CarMax
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships
- Demonstrate strong team behaviors including integrity, respect, inclusion, fairness and fun
- Balance the needs of the Customer and the business when making decisions
- Seek to fully understand and meet Customer needs
- Create win-win solutions to Customer issues
- Get work done well, on time and follow the right process
- Drive work processes and pay close attention to detail
- Perform multiple duties in a high energy, fast-paced working environment
- Read, interpret and transcribe data in order to maintain accurate records
- Lift objects that weigh as much as 25 lbs.
- High School Diploma, or equivalent
- Sales and customer service experience, in an area such as retail, preferred
- Valid Driver's License
- Basic skills with Microsoft Office Suite (eg, Word, Excel and PowerPoint) preferred
CarMax disrupted the auto industry by delivering the honest, transparent and high-integrity experience customers want and deserve. This innovative thinking around the way cars are bought and sold has helped us become the nation's largest retailer of used cars, with over 200 locations nationwide.
Our amazing team of more than 25,000 associates work together to deliver iconic customer experiences. Along the way, we help every associate grow their career and achieve their best, at work and in their community. We are recognized for our commitment to training and diversity and are one of the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For®.
CarMax is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Upon an applicant's request, CarMax will consider reasonable accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application.
Web Reference : AJF/382389411-24
Posted Date : Sat, 06 Aug 2022
Please note, to apply for this position you will complete an application form on another website provided by or on behalf of CarMax. Any external website and application process is not under the control or responsibility of Careers 4 Professionals